Baked Salmon on Wild Rice and Asparagus with Raspberry-Honey Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups wild rice
- 3 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 4 (6-oz.) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper*
- 3 teaspoons olice oil, divided
- 3 cups sliced asparagus (1-1/2 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- TIP - To crack whole peppercorns, place in heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Pound with flat side or meat mallet or heavy pan until coarsely crushed.
1. Heat oven to 475 degrees F. Cook rice according to package directions, substituting 3 cups chicken broth for water.
2. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons of the oil; heat until hot. Cook salmon top-side down 2-3 minutes or until light brown (do not turn); remove salmon. Add remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet; cook asparagus 2 minutes or until bright green.
3. Spread rice in 13x9-inch glass baking dish; arrange asparagus and salmon over rice. Bake 7-10 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake. Heat broiler. Broil 1 minute or until salmon is golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, cook raspberries, honey and 2 tablespoons water in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until of sauce consistency. Drizzle over salmon; pass remaining sauce.
You'll also love
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Sauté 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Cherry Almond Scones 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Rustic Peach Tart 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- New England Seaport Fisherman's... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Crab Cake Eggs Benedict with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Lettuce, Banana and Strawberry... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheese-Topped Tilapia 4.3/5 (7 Votes)