Jalapeño-Cheese Grits Casserole
This zesty Jalapeño-Cheese Grits Casserole is a spicy way to start the day. Filled with sharp cheddar cheese, spicy pops of both jalapeños and canned green chiles, and the hot sauce of your choice, this recipe is perfect for any brunch or breakfast buffet. Serve this dish on the side of any main course at any holiday celebration or festive gathering of loved ones,
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill coarse-ground cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup canned green chiles, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch casserole or baking pan, and set aside.
In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt and cornmeal, and bring to a simmer, reducing the heat if necessary. Cook, stirring, for about 10 to 15 minutes, until thickened.
Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, butter, hot sauce, jalapeños, green chiles, and garlic salt. Add beaten eggs and stir thoroughly to combine.
Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Bake for about 1 hour.
You'll also love
- Florence Mama's Candied Yams 4.4/5 (100 Votes)
- Spanish Asparagus Revuelto 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- One Skillet Sausage & White Bean... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Wreath 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Confetti Chicken Chili 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Harissa Chicken Dinner 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cinco de Mayo Burger 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Coconut-Lime... 3.5/5 (10 Votes)