Strawberry Cucumber Salsa with Basil and Lime
Perfect salsa for a summer meal, cucumber strawberry salsa. Serve with pork, salmon or just with chips!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, skin on, finely chopped
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
Adapted from blog.positscience.com
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Allow to sit 30-60 minutes before serving, to let the flavors meld and marry. Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips.
If you want to make this ahead, combine everything except the salt and lime juice and add those before serving – otherwise the strawberries and cucumbers will break down too much.
You'll also love
- Fresh Pickled Cucumber Salad 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate-Cherry Cheesecake Tart 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)