Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet
Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet with the fresh flavors of these spring treats!
- 2 to 3 large stalks rhubarb
- 1 (16-ounce) package strawberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 cup water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 140mins
Adapted from mywholefoodlife.com
In a sauce pan, add the rhubarb, orange juice, water and maple syrup.
Bring to a boil. Then turn down and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb has turned to a mush (about 10 minutes).
Once it is mushy, turn it off the heat and let it get back to room temperature.
Once at room temperature, place the mixture in a container in the fridge for a few hours.
Once cooled in the fridge, pour the mixture into a blender with the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
Take a taste test. Mine came out a bit tart. I liked that, but if you prefer a more sweetened sorbet, you can add a few tablespoons of maple syrup or honey and blend for another 30 seconds.
Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine. Mine took about 15 minutes to get to a soft serve consistency. If you like a harder sorbet, you can put it in the freezer for an hour before eating.
You'll also love
- Pan-Raosted Chicken with Fennel,... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Candied BaconRecipe 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Quinoa, Black Bean and Avocado... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Your New Avocado Toast 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Sour Dough Starter- How to Feed &... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- No-Bake Raspberry Cream Pie 4.6/5 (8 Votes)