My Special Potato Salad
- 10-11 medium red skin or Yukon gold potatoes or a combination of each
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cooled & chopped
- 4 celery ribs, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 green onions, slices with some of the green tops
- 1/2 each of a green pepper, red pepper and orange pepper, diced
- 5-6 slices of bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 t. dillweed
- 1 T. parsley, dried OR 2 T. fresh, chopped
- 1 C. Miracle Whip
- 2/3 C. sour cream
- 2/3 C. Good Seasons Italian dressing, mixed in the cruet
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Boil potatoes in a large pot for approximately 20 minutes. Stick toothpick in potatoes to see if they are done. Drain off hot water and fill pot with cold water to cool.
While potatoes are boiling, in a large bowl, mix eggs, celery, onions, peppers and bacon. When potatoes are cool cut eyes out of potatoes and peel if desired. I do not peel. Dice potatoes and add to bowl with vegetables.
In a medium separate bowl mix dillweed, parsley, Miracle Whip, sour cream and Good Seasons dressing. Mix well. Add dressing to potatoes
and mix well. Chill for a minimum of 1 hour.