whole orange cake
- Cooking-oil spray
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 oranges (about 1 lb. total), ends trimmed, then cut into chunks and seeded
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. orange juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 325°. Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with cooking-oil spray. In a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
2. Whirl orange chunks in a food processor until mostly smooth but not puréed. Add 1 1/2 cups orange mixture to batter and beat until blended. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to bowl and beat until smooth. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes. Cool pan on a rack 10 minutes, then invert cake onto rack and let cool completely.
4. Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let glaze set, then slice cake