Lemony Roasted Asparagus
We love asparagus steamed, sauteed, and as a soup. Roasting it, is our favorite way to prepare asparagus. It's so simple, yet so flavorful. The lemon adds fresh flavor to this dish.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt & papper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
To prepare the asparagus, wash it well and drain off excess water. Grab the end of one spear and bend until it snaps. Gather the asparagus, evenly, and cut all the ends to be even with the asparagus that has the end snapped off.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with either foil, a silpat mat or parchment paper.
Spread the asparagus, evenly, on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Move the asparagus back and forth to coat evenly .
Sprinkle with coarse salt & black pepper, and shove the asparagus off to one side.
Set half of the lemon slices on the baking sheet, then spread the asparagus on top. Lay the remaining lemon slices on top.
Roast for about ten minutes, until just tender. I remove the asparagus while it's still bright green, and just slightly crisp (al dente). The asparagus will continue to cook for a couple of minutes, once you remove it from the oven.
You'll also love
- Ham & Cheese Gnocchi 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Josh Brolin’s Peach Pie from... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Egg Salad 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach and Egg Breakfast Wrap... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Naan Garlic Spinach and Broccoli... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Lime Salmon with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)