Garlic Shrimp and White Beans
Find more recipes at:
November 07, 2012
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 dried chiles de árbol
- 1 bay leaf, preferably fresh
- 1 1/4 cups chopped tomato (about 8 ounces)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans (such as cannellini), rinsed, drained
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Grilled bread (optional)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat broiler. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large, heavy, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add 1 garlic clove, chiles, and bay leaf and cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, 1–2 minutes (do not allow garlic to burn). Add tomato; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and smashing tomato with the back of a wooden spoon, until tomato is completely broken down, about 5 minutes.
Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until paste is deep red and caramelized, 3–4 minutes. Stir in beans and broth. Bring to a brisk simmer and cook until juices are slightly reduced and thickened, 3–4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine remaining 2 garlic cloves, 2 Tbsp. oil, shrimp, and paprika in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat shrimp. Scatter shrimp over beans in an even layer.
Broil until shrimp are golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp. oil over shrimp and beans; garnish with parsley. Serve with bread, if desired
Dried chiles de árbol are available at Latin markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.
You'll also love
- Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Sweet-Potato Wedges 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Broccoli - 30 Minute Broccoli... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Lobster Bisque (Spicy) 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad Rolls 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Stir Fried Snow Peas and Mushrooms 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Shrimp & Zucchini... 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Dill & Sea Salt Roasted Chickpeas 4.3/5 (24 Votes)