Sweet & Spicy Shrimp & Zucchini Stir-Fry
Delicious and easy to make sweet & spicy shrimp with zucchini is perfect quick and healthy supper. Serve over rice.
- 2 Tablespoons, Vegetable Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed*
- 2 medium to large Zucchini, halved then sliced into half-inch chunks
- 1 Tablespoon, dark Soy sauce or to taste*
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb raw jumbo Shrimps, peeled and deveined
- Salt, to taste
- Sweet Chili Sauce, 3-5 Tablespoons diluted with about 3-7 tablespoons of water, or to taste*
- A few drops of Sesame oil.
- You may add some chopped onions for some extra aroma and flavor, too.
- Get a gluten-free soy-sauce and sweet chili sauce if on a gluten-free diet.
- Adjust the heat/spice level to your liking. Just taste it before adding it and then determine how spicy you want it to be.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium to large zucchini, halved then sliced into half-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon, dark soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 to 5 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, diluted with about 3-7 tablespoons of water, or to taste*
- A few drops of sesame oil.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from manilaspoon.com
Hint: Start your rice before preparing the shrimp and zucchini.
Heat up a wok or a large frying pan to high heat. Swirl in the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook very briefly just until aromatic, a few seconds only. Add the zucchini slices and drizzle the soy sauce on top. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes or until tender. Season with a little ground pepper, to taste.
Push the zucchini to the side of the wok/frying pan. If the pan/wok is quite dry at this point, add a little more oil. Place the shrimp in one layer. Let it cook for 1 minute without stirring. Season with a little salt (just a pinch). After 1 minute, stir-fry with the zucchini until it has turned fully opaque, about 1 more minute.
Quickly, stir in the sweet chili sauce and coat the zucchini and shrimp. Add a few drops of sesame oil to the mix. Serve immediately with some freshly cooked rice.
You'll also love
- Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Pie Dumplings 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup With Bacon,... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Pasta salad with sausage, peppers... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs, Avocado & Smoked... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Linguine with Lemon Cream and... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)