Tuscan White Bean Salad with Spinach, Olives, & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
A spin on the Tuscan classic salad with the addition of olives, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. A perfect dish for spring or summer, serve slightly chilled or at room temp. Enjoy!
- Italian Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 cups dried navy beans, rinsed and picked over
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups firmly packed spinach, washed, drained, and stems removed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, such as kalamata or niçoise
- Italian vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
To quick-soak the beans: Place the beans in a large pot with water to cover by 3 inches and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain, and rinse.
To cook the beans: Place the beans in a large pot and add enough water to cover by 3 to 4 inches. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until beans are tender but still firm. Drain and rinse the beans thoroughly. Set aside to cool.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook and stir until slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
Toss the beans, onion, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, and olives in a large bowl with the vinaigrette until just combined. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use or up to 1 day. If refrigerating, add the spinach just before serving.
Combine the vinegar, garlic, mustard, and oregano in a small bowl. Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking constantly until all the oil is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use or up to 1 week.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Ham, Green Beans &... 3.9/5 (205 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Blackened Chicken and Creole... 4.5/5 (118 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (111 Votes)
- Lentil, Zucchini and Tomato Tart... 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Avocado Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (95 Votes)