Pea Salad with Bacon & Cheese
The perfect Southern summer dish, this combination of ingredients makes a creamy, cheesy mixture you cannot resist.
- 4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 large or jumbo eggs, hard boiled, quartered (I would cook three more eggs to chop and put in the salad)
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (I would use more)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (you could use white part of scallion)
- 8 slices thick-sliced bacon, cooked and broken into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white or apple cider vinegar (for gluten free do not use malt vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or more, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place peas in a bowl. (You don't really have to thaw the peas, maybe a little to break up the chunks, the peas will thaw as you are mixing the ingredients.)
Add cheese, onion, bacon and parsley. (and three of the boiled eggs, chopped if desired) (save the others to quarter and put on top)
Add half of the salad dressing ingredients and combine. Refrigerate a couple of hours.
While salad is refrigerating, hard boil the eggs. After cool, peel eggs and cut into quarters.
Remove salad from refrigerator and add remaining salad dressing.
Stir to combine.
Place hard-boiled egg quarters on top of salad and refrigerate until ready to serve. (you could cook three extra eggs and chop and put in mixture)
Garnish with fresh dill weed, if desired.
You'll also love
- Fuji Apple Walnut Salad 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Trifle 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Turkey-Potato Casserole 3.9/5 (71 Votes)
- Easy Sausage, Potato and Sauerkraut 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Huli Huli Chicken 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Halloween Nachos 4.4/5 (15 Votes)