Baked Rhubarb Rose Preserves
Enjoy summer rhubarb all year long with this Rhubarb Rose Preserves recipe. The roses remind you of a blooming garden and provide depth to the preserves.
- 2 pounds rhubarb stalks, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ounces pink or red fragrant rose petals, their bases clipped, if they’re thick
Adapted from agardenerstable.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the rhubarb pieces and sugar in a baking dish, and put the dish into the hot oven.
After 30 minutes, add the rose petals, and turn the mixture gently. Bake about 15 minutes more, until the rhubarb is tender but still intact.
Spoon the mixture into hot mason jars, leaving ½ inch headspace. Be sure to run a chopstick or plastic stick around the inner surface of the jar to free trapped air.
Process the jars in a boiling-water bath for 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Lavash Roll 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cacao Coconut Macaroons 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Bites with Arugula... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cobbler 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
Review this recipe