Pasta Carbonara with Hickory Smoked Bacon
"Pasta Carbonara sounds fancy, but in truth, it couldn't be easier to make. This meal can be prepared quickly and is sure to please foodies and kids alike!"—David
Tip: Spaghetti is typically used in Pasta Carbonara, but feel free to use whatever shape pasta you have on hand.
- 1 lb dry spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 10 oz hickory smoked bacon, sliced into small strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup egg beaters
- Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Adapted from qvc.co
Bring five quarts of water to a boil in a large pot with the salt. Add the spaghetti and cook until just al dente (follow the package instructions for time).
Before draining, scoop out one cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon over medium heat in a deep sauté pan until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy, about 6–8 minutes. Add the garlic and the black pepper and cook for 30 seconds more.
Add the hot, drained spaghetti to the sauté pan and toss to evenly coat the spaghetti.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the Parmesan cheese, egg beaters, and reserved cup of pasta water and quickly toss to coat.
Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the pasta, toss, and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Mom's Southern Coconut Cake 4.4/5 (101 Votes)
- Olive Garden Salad and Dressing 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Pasta Carbonara with Sausage,... 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Garlic Steak With Mushrooms and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Banana Pudding 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Jars 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- DOG - Sweet Potato Jerky Treats 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Homemade Gnocchi from leftover... 4.2/5 (47 Votes)
- Midnight Spaghetti 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Homemade Jalebi 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- California Pizza Kitchen Spinach... 3.8/5 (77 Votes)
- Indiana Harvest Sausage Lentil Soup 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Beef Taco Roll-Ups 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Italian Breaded Pork Chops 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Grandma's Southern-Style Chicken... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Strawberry Mug Cake 4/5 (50 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Hot Pepper Butter (Mustard) for... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Pico... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Ebinger's Blackout Cake 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- BBQ Pulled Pork (Clubhouse) 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Penne Carbonara 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Ham With Marmalade Glaze 3.7/5 (20 Votes)