Italian Sausage Bites with Arugula Pesto
- Arugula Pesto
- 1/2 cup grated romano or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 big handfuls of packed arugula leaves
- A drizzle olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Italian Sausage
- 1 X 8 inch piece Chorizo Sausage, hot
- Dash oil
- Dash Sherry vinegar
Grate your cheese.
Pop all ingredients in a food processor or blender and while it’s running drizzle in about 1/2 cup good olive oil. This will be used to garnish your Chorizo pieces. Season to taste with S&P. If too thick you can thin out with a bit of water.
Cut sausage in large 1 1/2 inch (3.8 cm) chunks. Pan fry till starting to brown on the edges (about 3 – 4 min), tossing to allow them to cook all over.
Add a dash of sherry vinegar to the pan Plate up with a dollop of arugula pesto. Add little cocktail sticks or toothpicks to each piece for easy eating.
You'll also love
- Herbed Mushrooms with White Wine... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Great Pumpkin Cookies 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Herbed... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pancake Sausage Bites 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Giada's Breakfast Popovers with... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Turkey Breast with Spinach-Feta... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)