Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup
This past week I made potato soup with Ore Ida hash browns. It was exactly what I was looking for. Rich, creamy and filling. Perfect for a cold winter night.
- 1 bag (30-ounces) of frozen diced hash browns I used Ore Ida
- 1 box of chicken broth (32-ounces)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (10-ounces)
- 1 package cream cheese (8-ounces, not fat-free)
- 3 ounces of bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 420mins
Adapted from simplymadewithlove.blogspot.com
Put the Ore Ida hash brown potatoes in the crockpot. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook on low for 8 hours or until hash browns potatoes are tender.
An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the crock pot. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving.
Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to serve.
Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls 3.9/5 (185 Votes)
- Mini Lemon Meringue Tarts 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Mom’s Swedish Meatballs Over... 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Crockpot Rice and Porkchops 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Crockpot Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- Smashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Streusel-Topped Chocolate Chip... 4.7/5 (39 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup 4.5/5 (55 Votes)