Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties
Yum! These crispy brown Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties make a perfect side dish. Enjoy with a generous sprinkling of fresh thyme leaves and some finishing salt! Save any leftovers in the refrigerator to make later.
- 2 cups baked sweet potato, skins removed & mashed (approximately 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped (more to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Earth balance vegan butter or coconut oil for cooking
Prepare quinoa according to package instructions (I cook 1 heaping cup with a scant 2 cups of water in my rice cooker).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, pierce sweet potatoes with fork and bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Remove skins, mash with a fork to remove all chunks and place in large mixing bowl.
In a sauté pan combine onions, olive oil, a hearty pinch of sea salt and cook over medium-low heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring continually to prevent the garlic from burning. Add thyme at the very end and mix well.
Add onions, quinoa, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste), a bit of fresh cracked pepper to large mixing bowl with sweet potatoes and stir until well combined.
Form mixture into golf ball size ball, flatten into a patty, and cook in earth balance vegan butter on a non stick pan for approximately 2 minutes on each side (you want them to brown up and crisp!). Repeat to make as many as you'd like. Enjoy with a generous sprinkling of fresh thyme leaves and some finishing salt! Save any leftovers in the refrigerator to make later.
You'll also love
- General Tso's Cauliflower 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Red and Green Bell Pepper Bites 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Garlic & Cheese Pull-Apart Bread 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Basic White Bread 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Creamy Gluten-Free (kind of)... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey, Cranberry and Cream Cheese... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Corned Beef Hash with Poached Eggs 4.7/5 (9 Votes)