Sweetie Pie's Candied Yams
This is the famous Candied Yams recipe from Sweetie Pie's that is loved by all and comes together in only about 40 minutes. Sweet cinnamon, spicy nutmeg, and vanilla extract make this recipe ooze with all the flavors of the holiday season.
- CANDIED YAMS:
- 3 large sweet potatoes or yams
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from oprah.com
Peel sweet potatoes and cut them in half the long way (tip to tip), then cut each half into 3/4 inch slices.
Melt butter and margarine in pot. Add sugar, nutmeg cinnamon, vanilla, and water and bring to boil
Add sweet potatoes to pot and stir. Reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are candied. They should be tender but a little hard around edge. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Cheddar's New Orleans Pasta with... 4.2/5 (91 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Dip in Bread Bowl 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberry Heaven 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Halloween Layered Fudge 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Honeysuckle-Watermelon Cocktails 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Grandma's German Potato Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (23 Votes)