Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Goat Cheese
This delicious vegetarian dish is features a whole roasted cauliflower simmered in white wine before being roasted, with goat cheese whipped with feta and cream cheese.
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER:
- 2 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed
- WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE AND ASSEMBLY:
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces feta
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for serving
- Coarse sea salt, for serving
Preheat oven to 475°F.
Bring wine, oil, kosher salt, juice, butter, red pepper flakes, sugar, bay leaf, and 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, until a knife easily inserts into center, 15 to 20 minutes.
Using 2 slotted spoons or a mesh spider, transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet, draining well. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, until brown all over, 30 to 40 minutes.
While cauliflower is roasting, blend goat cheese, cream cheese, feta, cream, and 2 tablespoons oil in a food processor until smooth; season with sea salt. Transfer whipped goat cheese to a serving bowl and drizzle with oil.
Transfer cauliflower to a plate. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with whipped goat cheese.
Whipped goat cheese can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.
You'll also love
- Ham Sandwiches with Cranberry... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Tuna Casserole in Rice Cooker 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Artichoke Parmesan Appetizer 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- No-Bake Pineapple Lemon Cheesecake 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- General Tso's Chick Peas, Vegan, &... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey Breast with Spinach-Feta... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)