lemon and roasted garlic fettuccine w/ brussels sprouts leaves and bacon
- + 1 large head of garlic
- + 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided (1 tablespoon and 2 tablespoons)
- + 1/4 cupped chopped bacon or pancetta
- + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- + zest and juice of one large lemon, separate
- + 2 tablespoons butter
- + 4-6 large brussels sprouts, leaves pulled off and hearts sliced thin
- + 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano plus extra for garnish
- + 1 pound fettuccine
- + salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the very top garlic bulb off, exposing the tops of each clove. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt over the cloves. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and place garlic into a small pan. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cloves are soft. When cool enough to touch, squeeze the soft cloves out of their skins. Set aside.
In a large saute pan, heat the bacon or pancetta over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon to a paper towel. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the remaining fat.
Add the olive oil and lemon zest to the tablespoon of bacon fat left in the pan and heat for three minutes. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and heat until just melted. Add the brussels sprouts leaves and hearts and heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice to the pan and scrape up any bits that have stuck to the bottom. Turn off the heat. Add the 1 cup Pecorino Romano and reserved roasted garlic.
Meanwhile, prepare the fettuccini in a large pot of salted boiling water. When the pasta is just before al dente, transfer from the pot to the saute pan. Turn the heat to medium. Add a 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the saute pan. Cook, stirring constantly, adding more pasta water as needed, until the sauce is creamy. Salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with a bit of Pecorino Romano and pepper to serve.
You'll also love
- Broccoli, Grape and Pasta Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- mom's apple crumble 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mamacello Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rhubarb-Bleuberry Freezer Jam 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Asian Spiced Chicken Wings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo (roccos) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Shiitake Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- PC Deep Covered Baker Pork Chops... 5/5 (1 Votes)