- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
Let sit for a minute.
Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
Season with salt and cayenne.
Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Top with some paprika for color.
Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
You'll also love
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream... 4.5/5 (122 Votes)
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.5/5 (119 Votes)
- Lemon-Yogurt Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Parmesan Eggs & Asparagus 4.5/5 (118 Votes)
- Olive Garden Salad and Dressing 4.5/5 (118 Votes)
- Salmon Baked in Foil 4.6/5 (112 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon Dip 4.5/5 (112 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack - Crab Cakes 4.6/5 (109 Votes)