- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
Let sit for a minute.
Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
Season with salt and cayenne.
Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Top with some paprika for color.
Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
You'll also love
- ~ Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin OR... 4.5/5 (115 Votes)
- Lemon-Yogurt Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Salmon Baked in Foil 4.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.5/5 (125 Votes)
- Parmesan Eggs & Asparagus 4.5/5 (118 Votes)
- Olive Gardens Chicken or Shrimp... 3.9/5 (176 Votes)
- Fried Mashed Potato Sticks 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (109 Votes)