Parmesan Eggs & Asparagus
The creaminess of the lightly cooked yolk mixed with the saltiness of the Parmesan cheese makes for the perfect flavor combination. The array of colors in this tasty combination is also visually pleasing and will leave your guests wanting more.
- 8 slices whole grain bread, 1 inch thick
- 8 eggs
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/2 cup baby spring greens for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking time 45mins
Cut each asparagus lengthwise and blanch in salted water. Bring pot with water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Cook asparagus for 1 to 2 minutes and set aside for later use.
Preheat oven 350°F.
Cut whole grain bread into 1 inch thick slices and coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toast the bread in the oven for 3-6 minutes to a light golden brown or crisp, but not burned.
Fry the eggs in a large nonstick sauté pan (cook 4 at a time max) and place a lid over the top to cook the eggs to over easy. Salt and pepper the eggs before placing the lid on.
To plate, place three blanched asparagus on each piece of toast then slide an egg on top; add Parmesan and garnish with micro greens.
You'll also love
- Cowboy Corn Dip 3.8/5 (285 Votes)
- Spicy Chinese Beef 4.5/5 (113 Votes)
- Lemony Lemon Brownies 3.9/5 (224 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Creamy Orzo with Asparagus &... 4.4/5 (72 Votes)
Review this recipe