Slow Cooker Lasagna
This lasagna comes together super quickly in the slow cooker, and then cooks for 4 to 6 hours on low, and is ready when you are!
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 3 (15-ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, about 8 ounces
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 395mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
You'll also love
- Best Shrimp Dish Ever 4.1/5 (177 Votes)
- Cheesecake Crescent Rolls 4.2/5 (231 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (123 Votes)
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches 4.1/5 (159 Votes)
- Crockpot Mac N Cheese 3.9/5 (299 Votes)
- Louisiana Gumbo 4/5 (181 Votes)
- Maple Sausage Balls 4.5/5 (107 Votes)
- Italian Sausage & Tomato Soup by... 4.5/5 (94 Votes)