Holiday Sausage Stuffing
With savory flavors like sausage and garlic, this holiday sausage stuffing is sure to liven up any holiday table!
- 1 (16-ounce) package Johnville All Natural Ground Mild Italian Sausage or Italian Sausage Link, casing removed
- 12 slices or 1 1/2 packages of New York Brand Texas Garlic Toast
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper,chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Bake New York Brand Texas Garlic Toast in a 25 oven for 10 minutes; cool and cut into 1.5-inch pieces, Transfer pieces to a bowl; lower oven to 325°F. In a large skillet, brown and cook crumbled Sausage until no longer pink. Drain. Remove from skillet; set aside.
In the same skillet, melt butter and saute onion, celery and green pepper until tender. In a large mixing bowl, combine sausage, vegetable mixture, New York Brand Texas Garlic Toast and sage. Add eggs and broth; toss gently. Salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon into a buttered 3 to 4 quart baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 325°F for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Check internal temperature with a meat thermometer,it should read 165°F when done.
You'll also love
- Pear Nut Bread 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Crock Pot Apple Pie Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Muddled Screwdrivers 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Better Bacon-Egg-and-Cheese... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Scones 4.1/5 (61 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Brisket Recipe -... 3.9/5 (86 Votes)
- Corn Salad 4.7/5 (10 Votes)