Guacamole Onion Rings
Guacamole Onion Rings combine the best of both worlds. This recipe is for everyone who loves both guacamole and crisp onion rings to snack one, well now you can have at the same time. Perfect for any gameday spread, summer BBQ bash, or really any gathering of hungry friends and family who love fried foods.
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato, diced and drained of excess water
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 small-medium yellow onions
- flour to coat
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
In a medium mixing bowl, mash avocados with the juice of one lime. Mix in chopped tomato, cilantro, garlic, salt, and chili powder.
Cut onion into 1/2-inch slices. Carefully separate the layers into individual rings. On a wax paper–lined tray, lay-out onion rings and fill each with guacamole. Place tray in freezer until solid (about one hour).
Add flour, beaten eggs, and panko breadcrumbs to three separate bowls. Remove frozen guacamole rings from freezer. Roll each first in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Coat once more in egg and a final time in breadcrumbs.
In a large saucepan, heat oil to 350˚F. Fry guacamole onion rings in batches until nicely browned on all sides. Place on papertowel–lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and lime juice. Serve with sour cream.
You'll also love
- French Onion Chicken Bubble Up 4/5 (88 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Poke Cake 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Loaded Potato Bites 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Asparagus 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Crunchy Garlic Drumsticks 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry French Toast 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Jell-O 'Deviled' Eggs 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Herbed Goat Cheese Spread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)