Sweet Potato Casserole
Everybody loves a Sweet Potato Casserole! This one is topped with a brown sugar and pecan mixture - is it a side dish or dessert? You decide!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cut off woody portions and ends. Cut into quarters. In a large saucepan, cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender; drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Mash lightly. Stir in sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Transfer sweet potato mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour, and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds 4.4/5 (70 Votes)
- Breakfast Casserole 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Best Blueberry Muffins from Cooks... 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Santa Hat Party Mix 4.3/5 (78 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Casserole 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pull-Apart Bread 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Vegetarian: Baked Portobello... 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potatoes 4.6/5 (50 Votes)