Moist and Easy Cornbread
This easy cornbread is made extra moist and rich with the addition of buttermilk and melted sweet butter. Delicious served warm with even more butter!
- Shortening or softened butter to prepare baking pan
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk and butter.
Pour buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture and fold together until there are no dry spots (the batter will be lumpy).
Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the cornbread comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the cornbread from the oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Canada's Best Carrot Cake with... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Recipe 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage W/ Sausage 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Cheesy Zucchini Rice 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Chili Dog Puffs 4.6/5 (50 Votes)
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Farm-Fresh Corn Salad 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken and Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (55 Votes)