Grilled Cream Corn with Parmesan
Followed the recipe to a "T" and it was amazing! Great textures and the grilled corn creates a delicious flavor! I'll be making this again... and again. Enjoy!
- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 33mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Grill the corn until tender, turning every 5 to 6 minutes, about 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the kernels.
In a medium skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium and add the cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Place half of the mixture in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour the pureed mixture back into the skillet and add the milk, cheese, and parsley. Cook over low heat until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
You'll also love
- White Russian Pudding Shots 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Bread 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Toffee Cupcakes 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Pumpkin "Pop Tarts" 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Outback Blooming Onion 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Old Bay Corn Flake Crab Cakes 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Stuffing with Sage & Chives 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (45 Votes)