“It can be hard to get the kids to eat their veggies—but this Broccoli-Corn Casserole from ITKWD Senior Editor, Heather, provides a creamy alternative to the boring steamed variety.” —David, Tip--You can customize this casserole based on whatever your family likes. Have a spinach-lover or cauliflower-craver? Toss those veggies in!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup cornbread stuffing crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 (14.75-ounce) cans creamed corn
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) bags frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained well
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from qvc.co
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan. Add 1 cup of the breadcrumbs to the saucepan and mix well.
Mix the egg, corn, salt, black pepper, and onion in a bowl. Fold in the broccoli and the breadcrumb mixture. Pour the entire mixture into the prepared casserole, and top with the remaining breadcrumbs.
Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
You'll also love
- Hawaiian Waffles with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh Peach Pie 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Broccoli With Garlic Sauce 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Blueberry Danish Puff 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Healthified Cashew Chicken and... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Homemade Buttermilk Cornbread 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (33 Votes)