Asian-Style Spicy Coleslaw
Asian-Style Spicy Coleslaw is what your cookouts have been missing! Spicy, tangy, and a light touch of sweet, this is the perfect side dish!
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chile sauce
- 2 pounds napa cabbage, thinly sliced (12 cups)
- 3/4 pounds red cabbage, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 15 mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a medium bowl, whisk the peanut butter with the lime juice, fish sauce, water, sugar, garlic, and Sriracha.
In a large bowl, toss the napa and red cabbages with the carrots, peppers, cilantro, and mint. Toss the salad with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.