Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
There's not a lot better than bacon, ranch, and potatoes. Now we can enjoy them all together in one DELICIOUS dish!
- 6 large Russet baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces medium or mild cheddar cheese (about 3-cups)
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- 8 to 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped (chives work also)
- 1 recipe ranch dressing, recipe follows
- RANCH DRESSING:
- 1 heaping tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Wash and scrub potatoes, poke each one several times with a fork. Place in oven and bake 400°F for 65 to 70 minutes, or until soft when squished.
Remove baked potatoes from oven (reduce oven temperature to 350°F), slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh into a large mixing bowl, leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh so potato maintains it's shape. Place potato skins on a baking sheet.
Add butter to hot potato flesh in mixing bowl and mash potatoes with a potato masher until no longer chunky. Add in cream, sour cream, salt and pepper and beat potato mixture with an electric mixer until potatoes are smooth and fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes (Note: if you like your potatoes any thinner just add a little bit of milk a few tablespoons at a time to reach desired consistency).
Fill potato skins with mashed potatoes and smooth out tops with a spoon. Sprinkle filled potatoes with cheddar cheese. Sprinkle each potato with about 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt (you could do more or less to your taste) and fresh ground pepper to taste. Bake filled potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on how gooey or crispy you like your cheese).
Remove from oven, sprinkle potatoes with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions, and drizzle with ranch dressing. Serve immediately.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well. Cover and let rest in refrigerator 1 hour.
You'll also love
- 7-Up Pork Chops 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Hickory Pulled Pork 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Scalloped Potato and Ground Beef... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Crabmeat... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Garden Rotini Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Creamy Hash Brown Bake 4.4/5 (34 Votes)