Healthified Cashew Chicken and Broccoli
This healthy cashew chicken with broccoli and sugar snap peas is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and proteins without feeling either bloated or dissatisfied.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup salted roasted cashew halves and pieces
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and ginger; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken begins to brown.
Add broccoli, 1/2 cup of the broth and the pepper flakes. Cover; cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring once. Add peas; cook 2 to 4 minutes longer, stirring once, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup broth, the soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and sugar; stir into chicken mixture. Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve over rice; sprinkle with cashews.
You'll also love
- TJ’s Chicken Tortilla Soup 4.1/5 (62 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Crabmeat... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Broccoli with Asian Garlic Sauce 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Thai Mango Chicken 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken with Spicy Rice 4.8/5 (5 Votes)