Homemade Buttermilk Cornbread
You might never buy a box for cornbread mix again, when you taste how delicious this homemade buttermilk cornbread tastes! Serve with even more fresh butter and honey. Delish!
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Adapted from pomanmeals.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add 4 tablespoons of the butter and oil to a round cake pan. Put in the oven to melt, about 3-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
Gradually add honey and buttermilk, and stir until just combined.
Add egg and stir.
Remove hot butter and oil from oven. Pour half of the butter/oil mixture into the cornbread batter and leave the rest in the pan. Carefully stir in the butter/oil mixture into batter. pour the batter into the center of the pan, so the batter will push the remaining melted butter/oil mixture to the sides of the pan, which will make a crunchy crust!
Put in the preheated oven for 40 - 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Once out the oven, rub the top of the cornbread with the last tablespoon of butter.
You'll also love
- Cherry Meringue Dessert 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Killer Marinated Tomatoes 4.3/5 (44 Votes)
- Zucchini cheesy rice 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Soft Caramel for Popcorn 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Skillet Chili Mac with corn and... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Candy Cane Cheese Danish 4.6/5 (12 Votes)