Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Muffins
If you are looking for a soft, yet slightly crumbly, cinnamon-y coffee cake, this muffin is for you. Enjoy!
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Pinch cinnamon
- CINNAMON SWIRL FILLING:
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablesppoons cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 350°F and line one 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
CRUMB TOPPING: Combine all ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside until ready to use.
FILLING: whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Set aside until ready to use.
MAKE THE MUFFINS: combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together oil, egg, and milk. Pour wet ingredient mixture over dry ingredient mixture and stir with big wooden spoon until just combined.
Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter to each of the prepared muffin cups. Then, add 3/4 to 1 teaspoon (depending on how much you like cinnamon!) of the cinnamon swirl filling to the center of the batter. Top with an additional 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter.
Cover muffins with crumb topping, then bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for a few minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
While they cool, whisk together the cream and powdered sugar to form a thick glaze. If too thick, add a bit more cream. If too thin, add more powdered sugar. Drizzle over top of cooled muffins.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Strawberries & Peaches Cake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Classic Dinner Rolls 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Rapid Rolls 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Bread 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Holiday Cream Cheese Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)