A&W Onion Rings
Do you like the onion rings from A&W? They're the best! Luckily with this recipe, I can enjoy them from the comfort of home. Makes a great side or quick snack. Enjoy!
- 1 cup McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura batter mix
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 extra large white onion, sliced 3/8-inch thick
- 6 cups vegetable oil in your deep fryer
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat the deep fryer to 375°F
Combine the tempura mix with the spices and liquid to make a batter using a fork. There will be some small lumps; don't worry about those.
Slice the onion, and separate all of the rings. Dip the individual rings in the batter, and drop into the preheated oil. Deep fry 3−5 minutes until golden brown.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate, salt lightly, and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Potato Salad -Steakhouse -from... 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Sparkling Cranberry White... 4/5 (52 Votes)
- Potato, Egg & Biscuit Breakfast... 4/5 (58 Votes)
- Oven-Fried Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Mozzarella Stick Onion Rings 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Boxty, Irish Potato Pancakes, with... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Outback (copycat) Bleu Cheese... 3.8/5 (89 Votes)
- Sweet & Savory Spinach Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)