Harvest Salad with Apple Cider Honey Vinaigrette
This recipe is from Dewey's Pizza! One of our favorites. This salad is delicious. I have ommited the figs, but you could add them if you like them.
Recipe from Chuck Lipp, "Dewey's Pizza Encore", Cook's Wares, January 2010
- Spring Mix
- Cider Dressing
- Figs (optional)
- Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Pumpkin Seeds (toasted, lightly salted)
- Boursin Cheese (cold and crumbled)
- (makes one pint)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (.1 ounce)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard (1.2 ounce)
- 1/3 cup honey (2.2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup apple cider (6.0 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar (2.2 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cup oil (10.5 ounces)-Blended oil, 80% vegetable oil, 20% olive oil
Place all ingredients, except oil, in the food processor and begin to process.
Slowly drizzle in the oil while the machine is still running.
Continue to mix for 30 seconds.
Remove and place in a jar or plastic container. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Makes 1 pint.
Assemble all the ingredients into the salad and lightly toss with dressing.
You'll also love
- Apple-Cherry Dump Cake 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Carmel Apple Cheesecake 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Severed Fingers Halloween Cookies 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Quick Tagine-Style Chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chex Mix Puppy Chow 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- New York Cheesecake 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Refreshing Cucumber-Watermelon... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)