Lime-Laced Chili Verde with Shrimp (WeightWatchers)
Jarred green salsa makes this chili a snap. Serve with sliced mango and a little low-fat sour cream for garnish.
PointsPlus™ Value: 6
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 large raw onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), seeded, cored and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 cup(s) salsa , jarred, green, mild or medium-flavor
- 10 oz Birds Eye® Baby lima beans, or other brand, frozen, thawed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Durkee Ground Cumin Seed, or other brand
- 3/4 pound(s) shrimp, medium-size, peeled and deveined
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
1. Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini; cook, stirring often, until somewhat softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic; cook for 20 seconds.
2. Stir in the salsa, beans, water, lime juice, and cumin; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 to 3 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
You'll also love
- Chilled Strawberry Souffle 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hot German Potato Salad III 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crockpot Seafood Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blueberry Madeleines 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sole Almondine 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes (Julia Child's... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Cheesecake 5/5 (2 Votes)