Hot German Potato Salad III
Vinegar based Hot German Potato Salad.
- 9 potatoes, peeled
- 6 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool and slice thin.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving drippings.
Saute onions in bacon drippings until they are golden-brown.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, celery seed, and pepper. Add to the sauteed onions and cook and stir until bubbly, then remove from heat. Stir in water and vinegar, then return to the stove and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Carefully stir bacon and sliced potatoes into the vinegar/water mixture, stirring gently until potatoes are heated through.
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies Jalapeno... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crockpot Seafood Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Best Honey Cornbread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Candied Yams Made with Fresh Sweet... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 4.2/5 (11 Votes)