A quick and easy version of crawfish etouffee using Rotel and cream of mushroom soup.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound peeled crawfish
- 3 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream
- of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with
- green chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In an 8 quart stock pot over medium heat, add vegetable oil and margarine. Saute onions, green pepper, celery and garlic until onions are translucent.
Add crawfish to the onion mixture, and cook for 5 minutes. Add a little water to keep crawfish moist while cooking.
Stir in soup and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Sprinkle in parsley after about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste while simmering. Water can be added to thin as desired.