Scalloped Potatoes (Julia Child's Recipe)
This is an adapation of Julia Child's classic scalloped potatoe recipe. It's fast simple and savory. Use any kind of sharp cheese and milk you have on hand- it's no fail.
- 3 tbls. melted butter, divided
- 6 peeled ruset potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gruy'ere or Swiss Cheese.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk, heated
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Spread an 11 by 7 inch baking dish or gratin dish with 1 tbls butter.
2. Arrange half the potatoes in dish. Sprinkle with half the garlic, drizzle with half the remaining butter. Sprinkle on half the salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Pour hot milk over potatoes.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until papatoes are tender, milk is absorbed and top is browned.
You'll also love
- Cheddar Goldfish Crackers with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Portobello Mushroom Chili 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Crab Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli and Stuffing Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veal Scallopini with Brown Butter... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mom's Kitchen Sink Potato Salad 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)