Lemon Zucchini Salad
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- For the Dressing:
- 4 zucchini – roughly skinned and sliced
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic – chopped fine
- 1 medium red onion – chopped small
- 4 stalks celery – chopped small
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley – chopped
- 1/2 cup instant barley
- Lemon slice for garnish
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Cook barley as directed and set aside.
In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the salad. Add the cooked barley and toss.
In a small bowl prepare the dressing and stir. Add to the salad and toss.
Garnish with a lemon slice.
You'll also love
- Scalloped corn 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Apricot and Nut Cookies with... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- LOADED POTATO SKINS 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Orange Roughy Italian-Style 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pina Colada Zucchini Bread 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Pull Apart Bread 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Parmesan Zucchini and Corn 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
Review this recipe