LOADED POTATO SKINS
These are a great snack. I like to make them when I have too many small potatoes hanging around.
- 6 small Idaho baking potatoes
- 2 - 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped red peppers, green peppers or yellow peppers (or a combination)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives or 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 8 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out flesh (discard or save for another use), leave a 1/4 inch shell
3.Place on a greased or lined baking sheet.
4. Mix together the oil, salt, pepper and paprika and brush all over the skins
5. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes, skin side up.
6. Turn over and bake again for 7=8 minutes
7. In the meantime mix together: cheddar cheese, red pepper, and chives
8. Mix together in another bowl the garlic, mustard, hot sauce, sour cream and the egg and then combine with the first mix.
9. Divide this mixture into the skins, sprinkle wit the bacon, return to the oven and bake for about 4-5 minutes.
10. Very nice served with more sour cream and green onions.