Blood Orange-Glazed Turkey Breast With Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- 3/4 cup juice and 1/2 tablespoon zest from 3 blood oranges
- 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole, bone-in turkey breast, 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and halved (about 3 medium)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from yummly.com
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 325°F.
Combine blood orange juice, zest, honey, garlic, mustard, vinegar, pepper flakes, and butter in a medium saucepan.
Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until glaze has reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
Transfer half of glaze to a container and set aside for serving.
Meanwhile, place turkey in roasting pan.
Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Arrange potatoes around the meat, season with salt and pepper and roast for 1 hour.
Remove from oven, and baste turkey with glaze.
Continue roasting, basting with additional glaze every 20 minutes until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast, 1 1/2 to 2 hours total.
If the skin starts to get too dark, tent loosely with aluminum foil.
When the turkey is done, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
Carve from bone, slice, arrange on a platter with potatoes and drizzle with pan juices. Warm reserved glaze and serve alongside.
You'll also love
- Pearl Couscous With Feta and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spiced Pork Burgers With Grilled... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- 7-UP holiday apple punch 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Japanese Cucumber Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Queso Bacon Burgers With Avacado... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Eggplant With Parsley and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet potato cakes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato and Squash Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)