Stir-Fried Sesame Baby Bok Choy
by Diana Kuan
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
1. Trim and discard the rough bottoms from the baby bok choy. Separate the leaves, rinse, and pat dry.
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, and
sugar. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates on contact. Add the peanut oil and swirl to coat the bottom and sides. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic, 20 to 30 seconds. Add the bok choy and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until crisp-tender. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for another 30 seconds. Turn off the heat, and drizzle with sesame oil. Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot.