8 Ball Zucchini
- ◾2-3 “8 Ball” Zucchini
- ◾3 slices bacon
- ◾1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- ◾1/2 medium onion, chopped
- ◾3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ◾1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ◾1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
Adapted from soupbelly.com
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.Slice the tops off each zucchini. Set aside and reserve for later. Hollow out each zucchini, chop and reserve the pulp. Chop the tomato and onion and set aside.
3.Cut the bacon crosswise into 1/4” pieces. Add to skillet over medium-high heat and cook until bacon has browned and rendered most of its fat. Add the reserved zucchini pulp, tomato and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add bread crumbs and 2/3 of the cheese reserving some for topping. Stir well to combine all ingredients. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.
4.Stuff each hollowed zucchini with mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish or pan and add chicken stock to a depth of about 1/4 inch.
5.Place the pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add remaining cheese to top of each zucchini. Place the reserved zucchini tops in the stock. Return to oven and cook for 20 more minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
You'll also love
- Hot Grapenut Cereal 3.8/5 (43 Votes)
- Blueberry Cobbler w/ Biscuit Crumb... 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Cucumber Pasta Salad 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Cabbage Rolls 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Bisque With Crab 3.9/5 (41 Votes)
- Pumpkin Banana Bread (No Sugar... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)