Shrimp and Udon Noodle Dish-Today Show
Shrimp and udon noodles with sautéed vegetables is easy to make and loaded with flavor! The combination of garlic, soy sauce and chicken stock is delicious.
- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 8 ounce sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut in half length-wise and then sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Optional toppings: Sriracha, toasted sesame seeds
Adapted from today.com
Prepare udon noodles as directed on package. Drain, rinse under cold water, and set aside.
Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl. Stir, and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté, a minute per side. Add garlic butter and lemon juice, sauté for one more minute until butter melts and shrimp is pink, and then remove into a bowl and set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to skillet, and then add mushrooms, zucchini and green onions. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables begin to caramelize.
Put shrimp and udon noodles back in skillet with vegetables, and add chicken stock, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss with tongs to combine. Serve warm with optional toppings.