Bacon-Bourbon Apple Pie
Try this Bacon-Bourbon Apple Pie recipe. It's a perfect dessert for a Thanksgiving celebration.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour, divided
- 6 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 5 slices cooked Oscar Mayer bacon, crumbled
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 14.1-ounce package)
- 6 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 6 apples)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in bacon.
Place crust in 9-inch pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. Place apples in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, remaining flour, bourbon and vanilla; mix lightly and spoon into crust. Cut remaining butter into small pieces; place evenly over apples. Cover with crumb topping. Place on baking sheet.
Bake 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF and bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Allow to cool.
You'll also love
- muffin - Quinoa Berry Bliss 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- frosting - Healthy banana frosting 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Boneless Pork Strips 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Almond Crumble Cherry Pie 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Holiday Fudge 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Sausages with Orange, Olive and... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Chile Corn Casserole 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes 4.5/5 (18 Votes)