Portugese Bifes De Cebolada, Beef & Onions
This delicious melt in your mouth Portuguese Bifes De Cebolada Beef and Onions recipe was shared with my by my friend Fla. It's a keeper for sure!
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced tender steak, Tri-tip or sirloin OR thinly sliced pork
- 1 pound large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 12 bay leaves
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Piri Piri (crushed red peppers, olive oil, garlic, salt pepper to taste)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Melt butter in saute pan.
Layer steak, onions, tomatoes, garlic and parsley with a few bay leaves on each layer. Repeat till all the steak is finished.
Cook on med low heat for approximately 30 mins or until meat is done and tender.
Serve with boiled potatoes or white rice.
You'll also love
- Red Wine and Mushroom Au Jus 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Pan Seared Turkey Chops 3.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Pot Roast 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Baked in Foil with Sweet... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- sweet and spicy asparagus 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Kjötsúpa (Icelandic Lamb Soup) 3.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Teriyaki Beef Jerky 4.3/5 (4 Votes)