Red Wine and Mushroom Au Jus
This au jus compliments a sirloin roast or similar meal, so the next time you make a meaty beef dish use this recipe to compliment that dish with some scrumptious au jus. Use this Red WIne and Mushroom Au Jus the next time you make Philly cheese steaks for a super rich and decadent meal that everyone is going to love. This recipe could also be used as a base for onion soup, just add this to the caramelized onions and simmer for about 10 minutes and serve.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 shallot, chopped or 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoons thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, minced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Remove roast to a warm platter and let rest.
Add oil, mushrooms, chopped shallot or green onion, and minced garlic to pan drippings; place over medium heat and sauté until tender.
Stir in flour until well blended; add the red wine and broth. Simmer until reduced by about 1/4 to 1/3.
Add thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Pan Seared Turkey Chops 3.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Arroz Con Bacalao, Rice with... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Pot Roast 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Baked in Foil with Sweet... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- APPLE PIE MOONSHINE COCKTAIL 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Soul Food Seasoning 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken and... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Crockpot Beefy Mushroom Pot Roast 3.7/5 (6 Votes)