Bagliani’s Chicken Parmesan
I attribute this recipe to my local Italian grocer, Bagliani’s, since all the ingredients come from their wonderful store. They sell the best you’ll ever find breaded chicken. The breasts are pounded out uniformly and are breaded with their own bread crumbs (herbs and cheese included!). Each package has about 5 pieces of chicken. And their homemade tomato sauce ... amazing!
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 qt. container Bagliani’s tomato sauce (or sauce of your choice)
- 1 package Bagliani’s breaded chicken (or your own - five smallish breasts)
- olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 package of linguini, angel hair, or other long pasta cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat, warm about 2 tsp of olive oil. Add the ground pork. Stir until browned and no longer pink.
3. Add the garlic and saute for a minute or so. Add in the basil and red pepper.
Raise the heat to high and add the chicken stock to deglaze the pot. Pour in the tomato sauce and stir well.
4. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for ~1 hour.
5. While the sauce is simmering, heat a large (12 inch) skillet over medium high heat. Cover the bottom of the pan with 2 tsp olive oil.
6. Carefully place the breaded chicken in the pan, don’t crowd - you will need to cook the chicken in two steps. Cook until the chicken is well browned and crispy golden, about 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until well browned. Remove the chicken to a paper towel to drain and repeat with the remaining chicken.
7. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with a thin layer of the sauce. Arrange the chicken in the pan and cover with more sauce.
8. Place slices of the fresh mozzarella on each piece of chicken. Top with a bit of sauce.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted and the sauce bubbles.
10. Toss the cooked pasta with the remaining sauce.
11. Dinner is ready!
You'll also love
- Baked barbecue pork buns 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- Potato-Crusted Vegetarian Quiche... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Caesar-Crusted Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Chicken Cacciatore 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheezy Butternut Squash Macaroni 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe