Baked barbecue pork buns
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cups plain flour + lots for dusting
- Ingredients (Glaze)
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds
- Ingredients (Filling)
- Please follow ingredients and instructions on the steamed pork bun filling.
1. Mix together hot water and sugar, continuously stir until dissolved
2. Add yeast and mix until dissolved.
3. Mix in oil and milk.
4. Add flour, mix thoroughly then knead in a floured board until it’s not sticky on the hands, place in an oiled bowl, cover tightly with cling wrap then let is rise for at least an hour or until it doubled its size.
5. Remove from container then knead again on a floured board for roughly 3 minutes, divide into 6-8 balls.
6. Flatten each ball and place 2 spoonful of the meat mixture, gather all sides and seal. Place on a well-greased baking pan with seal on the bottom side. Repeat with the remaining dough.
7. Set aside filled buns and let it rise for 15-20 minutes then bake in a 200C preheated oven for 12 minutes.
8. Remove from oven then brush top with beaten eggs, put back in oven then bake for again 3 minutes.
9. Remove from oven then brush top with honey and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake again for 3 minutes.
10. Remove from oven the brush again with honey then bake again for 5 minutes.
Makes 6-8 buns